My fancy Wonder Woman costume handcrafted by my two big brothers, Tom & Ricky. Poor Ricky, he didn't stand a chance.
I never finished this list, and I haven't completed everything either. So I figured it was time to make it official. Here's my Mighty Life List. Some say this is a bucket list, others might compare it to Mondo Beyondo. Call it what you will. I call it inevitable.
The list will be updated as I complete each item and/or add more items I plan to accomplish.
1. Get an iPhone.
2. Write a book. it doesn't have to be the book, just a book. It doesn't have to be good, just done.
3. Make a zine.
4. Plant a little herb garden.
5. Bake a loaf of no-knead bread.
6. Make pizza dough from scratch.
7. Sew pillows and curtains with all that fabric I've been hoarding.
8. Hang up more art and family photos. 9. Indulge in a romantic dinner with Rama at The Little Door.
10. Devour a steak at Arroyo Chop House.
11. Order omakase style at Sushi Nishi-ya.
12. Revive crafternoons. And make it a regular thing.
13. Ride a bike.
13. Fly a kite.
14. Go for a hike.
15. Learn about wine. Buy 12 new bottles in one year. Convince Rama to drink them with me.
16. Throw a wine & cheese party. Make it look like a magazine.
17. Take a dip in the Pacific Ocean. (I've done this, just not in a while.)
18. Move into a new place. Move into a lighter, roomier, cozier place.
19. Wreck more journals.
20. Take a longer leisurely trip to SF. Go to the Alameda Flea Market.
21. Go to the Rose Bowl Flea Market, too.
22. Re-upholster a chair.
23. Enjoy a proper vacation with Rama to a place at least one of us hasn't yet been.
24. Have a Pixar movie marathon.
25. Master some Filipino dishes, like pancit bihon, adobo and leche flan.
26. Redesign my Darling web site.
27. Print new letterpress business cards.
28. Learn how to screenprint.
29. Make a calendar, and sell it.
30. Frost a cake like a pro.
31. Visit my friends whom I miss dearly and happen to live in states I've never visited: Tennessee, Virginia, and Indiana. (Actually, I've been to Virginia, but I was 11 and it barely counts.)
32. Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge.
33. Drive across the country.
34. Make the Camino de Santiago.
35. Take Rama and my mom to Paris in two separate trips.
36. Re-learn French.
37. Show my children my grandma's house—and as much of the Philippines as possible.
38. Explore dual citizenship.
39. Eat Sushi in Tokyo.
39. Pare down my wardrobe to stylish pieces I really love.
40. Buy more real and lasting furniture.
41. Keep a warm, colorful, cozy home with an open invitation to stay for dinner.
42. Find the bluest body of water. Try: Tahiti, Greece, South of France.
43. Get my scuba diving license.
44. Get my body back.
45. Make photo albums.
46. Become a pro at calligraphy.
47. Find the perfect cookie jar. Keep it filled.
48. Bake my neighbors a pie.
49. Become a formidable opponent at scrabble and chess.
50. Surprise my husband.